*NEW FOR AUTUMN 2017* – CYMH ACADEMY
Who is it for?
- Secondary School Students only
- Grade 5 plus on instrument / voice
- Students who are taking, or thinking of taking GCSE, A-Level Music or IB Music at Standard or Higher Level.
- Students who want to make music with other like minded students
- Students who are interested in exploring music from different genres, cultures and eras.
What will the Academy offer students?
- The opportunity to take part in masterclasses in composition, leadership, conducting and performance technique with specialist guest tutors across a broad range of genres.
- Support for their school studies – CYMH Academy offers a perfect complement to GCSE, A-Level music classes, IB Music at Standard or Higher Level.
- Sessions including: Ensemble, Conducting, Composition, Performance, Analysis and History of Music.
- Orchestra – singers/pianists are encouraged to hone their ensemble skills by playing in the percussion section of the orchestra!
- The option to participate with or without individual instrumental lessons
- Proposed guest artists include: Natalie Clein (cellist), Paul Griffiths (Composer and leader), Katie Thomas (conductor and Monteverdi Choir) and Jacquelyn Hynes (Irish Cultural Centre Flautist).
Is it auditioned?
- No audition will be required for Autumn 2017 term. Confirmation from your teacher of your grade (if you don’t take exams), or your latest grade certificate is all that is needed.
When / Where does it happen?
- Between 12.30pm and 3.15pm Saturday at Haggerston School, Hackney, E2 as part of the Saturday Programme.
How much does it cost?
- £198 (no instrumental lesson)
- £291 (with 30 minute individual instrumental lesson)
- £12 one-off membership fee
- Bursary rates available.
How do I join?
Please fill in THIS APPLICATION FORM
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with the office, either through email: email@example.com or via phone 020 8882 8825