New Whole School Project Launch – National Commemoration Days
National Commemoration Days : Armistice Centenary 2018
HMDT Music presents a unique opportunity to commemorate the centenary of Armistice Day with a one day whole school ever offering a series of activities and guest visits. The event is inspired by its successful Trench Brothers project commemorating the contribution of ethic minority soldiers in the First World War.
The day includes:
- Artefacts handling sessions looking at weapons, uniforms and memorabilia from the First World War;
- An Indian Soldier costumed interpreter sharing his experiences of life in the trenches on the Front Line;
- Artist workshops to create a visual and creative response to the First World War;
- Singing sessions to learn First World War songs;
- Online toolkits to research specific soldiers leading to students writing Letter Home from the Front;
- Access to the Trench Brothers Education Zone offering contextual information and 90 lesson plans and activities linked to the curriculum;
- A commemoration event bringing together all the elements explored during the day.
Available 5 – 16 November 2018.
Cost: FROM £1,500 Dependent on school size.
To book your place contact: email@example.com or call HMDT Music on 020 8882 8825