THESE MEASURES AND PRECAUTIONS ARE ADDED AS AN AMENDMENT TO THE SATURDAY PROGRAMME CODE OF CONDUCT
From September 2021 until further notice
PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY AS IT CONTAINS NEW INFORMATION WHICH MUST BE ADHERED TO, WHICH IT IS IMPORTANT FOR YOU TO SHARE WITH YOUR CHILDREN AND FORMS PART OF YOUR CODE OF CONDUCT.
Please do not attend the Saturday Programme if you or any member of your family or friends with whom you live or have been in close contact, have any symptoms of Covid-19 or have been told to self-isolate. Please notify HMDT Music IMMEDIATELY of your condition.
COVID-19 is a serious infection. You should review the government guidance regarding the infection and remain up to date at https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/coronavirus-covid-19-list-of-guidance. You will also find guidance for households with possible COVID-19 infection here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance
Some symptoms include:
- A raised/high temperature
- A cough
- Loss or change to taste or smell
- General feeling of being unwell
- Diarrhoea and vomiting (children)
Reporting a case
If a student or any member of their family should present symptoms, the student must not attend. If they become ill on site, they must inform the HMDT Staff IMMEDIATELY. They will be isolated in the First Aid Area until they can be collected. Please be aware government guidelines do not allow use of public transport with Covid symptoms. If a child who has been in class should test positive for COVID-19 or has been told to self-isolate, please contact us immediately so we can take the necessary actions.
If you have symptoms, please ensure you are tested and if you are Positive, let the Office know the result. You must then isolate for 14 days.
IF A CHILD OR TUTOR GETS ILL, IT MIGHT BE NECESSARY TO CLOSE THEIR CLASS FOR TWO WEEKS TO ALLOW EVERYONE TO ISOLATE. THIS MIGHT ALSO IMPACT ON OTHER CLASSES THE CHILD/TUTOR ATTENDS, OR EVEN THE ENTIRE SATURDAY PROGRAMME. IN SUCH A SITUATION, CLASSES WOULD BE MOVED TO ONLINE FOR 1-2 WEEKS AS NEEDED.
II ACCESS TO BRIDGE ACADEMY and TRAVEL
There is no parking on the Bridge Academy Site, but you should be able to drop your child off if you are driving them. There are bike racks and in line with government guidelines we would encourage you to walk and cycle wherever possible.
Signing In and Out will be done on paper at the front desk. Pens and pencils will be available and hand sanitiser provided, but do use your own pens and pencils if you can!
It is very important that every student signs IN and OUT on entering and leaving the building.
PARENTS and WAITING
- Please try and only arrive 5-10 minutes before your first session to restrict the amount of time your child needs to wait on site. We have changed the schedule to try and minimise wait times for everyone as far as possible. It is not possible to eliminate waiting for everyone however, and the Atrium, for students who need to wait. The Atrium will be supervised at all times.
- Parents are allowed on site to use the tuckshop, but must wear a mask and maintain social distancing at all times, and remain in the Atrium. If you’re having tea/coffee you can remove your mask but we do ask you to put it back on.
- Please stay on site if your child(ren) are in Year 2 or below. If you need to leave site, please nominate another responsible adult and let Sabina know.
- No visitors are allowed on site unless previous agreed with HMDT Music.
- If you wish to allow your Secondary School age child to leave the building unsupervised during a break, please complete THIS ONLINE FORM.
- All Mini 2 students will be collected from the ATRIUM for their Taster Sessions this term (for which you will receive a separate schedule). Please wait with them there.
- On arrival, everyone must wash their hands or use hand sanitiser. We will be providing sanitiser upon entry, but require that you BRING YOUR OWN SANITISER for personal use. Please do not touch any equipment which is not your own, unless it is provided for your sessions.
- Students should wash their hands frequently onsite following the ‘Happy Birthday’ singing guidance (washing for 20 seconds minimum) and dry their hands thoroughly. Please come with tissues to follow the guidance of ‘Catch it, bin it, kill it’ for sneezes and coughs.
- We will be avoiding sharing of any instruments as much as possible and everything including pianos and keyboards will be wiped down by the tutors between use. NO wind or brass instruments will be shared.
- Students need to be responsible for bringing everything they need for their sessions, EACH week. We cannot lend instruments, music, and sharing resources is not permitted.
- Windows (and if appropriate doors), will be left open in classes wherever possible to ensure good ventilation and air flow.
IV SOCIAL DISTANCING
We will be requesting a minimum 1 metre gap is kept between everyone on site at ALL times. All the classes and lessons will be set up to ensure sufficient distances can be maintained, and have been moved to larger classrooms where necessary. Instrumental and vocal groups will be distanced and set up to face the front conforming to all recommended guidelines. This 1 metre distance needs to be adhered to during, as well as in-between sessions e.g. in the corridors and if waiting for a class to begin.
Resources will not be shared amongst members of the tutorial staff and students unless they can be thoroughly cleaned before and after use.
V MASKS AND VISORS
- We will be providing all tutors and the HMDT Music Team with a visor to protect your students and themselves, which they will wear at all times as is possible.
- All secondary school students and parents, are required to wear masks or visors in the corridors and the waiting area. These can be removed to eat or drink. Anyone with a physical or mental illness, impairment or disability is exempt from wearing one. It is your choice if you wish your primary school aged children to wear a mask.
- Students are not expected to wear a face covering in sessions. If a student does wish to wear a face covering they are allowed to do so, as long as it does not prohibit their learning. Students are expected to bring their own face covering to the Saturday Programme.
- We recommend the use of a visor for older students who are singing e.g. ICS Seniors and older Junior 2s and Choir, to both protect your children and our staff. They can be purchased HERE
- We appreciate there are different opinions on face coverings, but in consultation with the school, are bringing in this precaution to help ensure the safety of you, your children and our team.
VI THE MUSIC BOX
Please bring a small percussion instrument(s) for your child to play during the sessions to limit any risk of contamination from sharing. Any small percussion instrument is fine and you are welcome to make your own e.g. a shaker using beans in a tin or box. If you do not have anything or forget yours, we will have some for sale at £2 each.
Please leave all buggies in the Atrium near Sabina’s desk to assist with this.
VII OTHER MATTERS
MUSIC, LYRICS, PRACTICE BOOKS and MUSIC STANDS
We will be providing one copy of any lyrics, ensemble music parts required for the term. If students lose or forget them, we will not be providing extras and will ask you to print out your own copies (ask the office). In order to assist the distancing issues, practice books will now be issued as single sheets.
Please can all Blues and Greens bring their own portable Music Stand.
Sabina will be operating a Surgery to discuss any issues on Saturdays between 10:30 – 11:30. These MUST be booked by email in advance. Please ensure you wear a mask.
INDUCTION FOR NEW PARENTS
Our Parent Induction Film is available HERE for all parents. Please do take the time to view it so you know how we operate and what to expect. You are of course welcome to contact the office should you have any further questions.
CHANGE OF CLASS IF A STUDENT or FAMILY MEMBER HAS COVID-19
It might be necessary to close a class for 1-2 weeks if a student, or family member has Covid-19, in order to protect the other students. If this does happen, the class(es) would be held online during the same scheduled times, so that no-one misses out.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please see our updated terms and conditions HERE.
PLEASE NOTE this Policy and Measures may be amended as needed during the term if we find different or further measures need to be taken. You will be alerted to any updated information.
VIII YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACKNOWLEDGMENT
You acknowledge and understand that, while HMDT Music will make efforts to sanitise and/or disinfect the facilities, and that HMDT Music cannot guarantee the airspace or surfaces within the school will remain free of viruses at all times. I hereby agree to adhere by all Rules and Policies in effect relating to COVID-19 which are now part of the Code of Conduct.
Upon entering, the Saturday Programme you assume all risk associated with COVID-19 (unless in any way caused by the negligence of HMDT Music). You also agree to:
- abide by all government guidance aimed at preventing the transmission of the virus (details of which can be accessed via the following link; https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus);
- follow the Code of Conduct and COVID-19 Health & Safety Policy Amendment, AND all directions provided by staff members and set out in the signage within the school.
You must not enter the venue if you believe that you may have been infected with COVID-19. Failure to comply with these measures shall entitle HMDT Music to remove you from the school.
You understand and acknowledge that it is your sole responsibility to continue to adequately exercise the proper care and precautions to protect yourself from exposure to COVID-19. You acknowledge that you, nor any member of your household, have been diagnosed with or ordered quarantined, due to the COVID-19 virus, or are experiencing its symptoms. If any of the above representations can no longer be made, you agree to immediately notify HMDT Music (as outlined in the COVID-19 Policy and refrain from attending the Saturday Programme.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with HMDT Music. Otherwise, please keep safe, look after each other and enjoy the Saturday Programme.
Any breach of this Health and Safety Policy will be taken very seriously.